Thursday, January 9, 2014

The End of a Weird Year



This past year was full of surprises.  Some good, some bad, some just ... surprising.  It has been a year of many changes, lots of growth and a few breakdowns along the way.  I don't have much more to share about the end of this year yet.  My mind is still spinning and when it stops, I might want to just leave this year behind and not revisit it.  Is that wrong?  Anyone else feel that way?  On to 2014 and hopefully it will be better than 2013, right?  

In any case, I have to share that I did finish my 365 project.  I had to fill in with iPhone pictures for part of the time since my camera had to go back to the mother ship to be repaired.  But the best camera is the one you have with you, right?  And I will be honest and say that I may have missed a day here and there and filled in with 2 shots from a better day.  Is that wrong?  Is it wrong that I keep asking if things are wrong and I don't really care about the answer to that question?  I guess we'll leave it up to the blog police to decide.

Here are some shots from the end of my 365.  I don't know if I learned much from the actual project, but having a year's worth of photos is definitely pretty neat, and I can see the progress I made over that time.  Plus it gives me a nice reminder of all that we did last year, good and bad.

Fun in the sun and a visit to the Statue of Liberty!


Lots of time spent at the farm and then back to school  (and then a trip to the beach the weekend after school started - of course).


Photography practice on many beautiful subjects.


Days at the US Open, piles of laundry 
and a visit with Grammy


The loss of Uncle Frank.


Many random photos from fall and winter.





Pictures of the boys.


And a whole bunch of my crazy girl.


And my final favorites:



Signing off with this shot of me, taken by my girl.  It makes me laugh every time, just wondering what that guy is thinking.  Probably something like, "She is crazy!"  And yes, that I am.  Looking forward to posting more in 2014, and I expect things will be as crazy as ever around here.

Peace out!


No comments:

Post a Comment