Saturday, March 6, 2010

Snapshots of a Crazy Life

Another thing that has been keeping me too busy to blog? Photography class! I was so excited to learn there was a class I could take online. It was highly recommended by a good friend, and let me tell you, I have enjoyed it even more than I expected. Karen Russell is FABOO. I finally learned how to use all the functions on my camera. Not saying I am ready for the big time or anything, but now I have a jumping off place and I could not be happier.
***********************************
And while *I* have been very happy, there have been a few people around the house who have not been QUITE as happy. You see, the assignments posted each week generally started with the phrase, "Find a cooperative subject ... " Um, can we define "cooperative" ?
************************************
Working on lighting one week, I got this face:
Working on camera settings another week, I got this face:

And I don't even know WHAT I was working on here, but I think you get the idea:


Every now and then, I'd be surprised by someone who WANTED to cooperate.


I'm almost at the end of the 9 week session and I am no longer begging for cooperative subjects for my class. I'm just shooting for the pleasure of it. I am pretty confident that most days I will still have to beg, cajole and barter for eye contact. But guess what? When I get it, I'll be ready!








1 comment: