Friday, January 13, 2012

Why Bother?


Some days, all this dietary stuff is hard.  I just want to get drive through for dinner.  I don't want to spend 20 minutes grinding up pills and spraying weird stuff into my kids mouth.  I don't want to think about all the detox and viral issues and yeast and bacteria in the gut.   I want to have the kid who takes a Flintstone vitamin every morning with his orange juice.  That would definitely be easier. 

But then I get an email like the one below and I remember why we are doing this and suddenly it is not so hard.  This is from Mr. O's teacher.  I have to say, we could not do this without fantastic teachers and therapists, and this year we hit the jackpot again with a teacher that Mr. O loves.  He wakes up in the morning and the first thing out of his mouth is "Zebra today?"  Yep, he calls his teacher Zebra.   For the record, if you are ever special enough to get a nickname from Mr. O, you will know you have a place in his heart.


OK, back to the email, here it is:

"So yesterday O  goes to his lollipops and pulls one out.  He walks up to me and says that’s a pomegranate -  that’s a good one.  He then asks me to open it.  So I do and hand it back to him.  He then hands it back to me and says no that’s for you Mr. D you did a good job. I thought you might like that story."


Yes I did like that story, thank you very much Zebra.   Grinding up those pills will be a little easier today.

No comments:

Post a Comment