Monday, November 9, 2009

Who Knew? Aka, Things to do at the Honda Dealership

So today we had to do errands - lots of them. First stop, the Honda dealership for an oil change. Man, I love my Honda dealership. I remember in the dark ages when I had my first car, going for an oil change was BORING. Definitely not a place for kids. You'd hand off your keys to a mechanic with greasy fingers, sit on a plastic chair and wait. And wait. And wait. If you didn't bring something to read, you could maybe find an old Popular Mechanics magazine lying around. Maybe. Wowie zowie, times have changed.

Who knew that Honda dealerships now have a play area for kids? Complete with puzzles, books, blocks and little teeny tiny leather chairs. Who knew?













Who knew that a 2 year old could find joy in sneaking all the blocks onto the floor under the desk? I mean, why stack them, build with them or play with them when you can instead, furtively look around to see if anyone is watching and throw them under the desk one by one? (See what I told you about this one? Look at that face, trying to feign innocence. Don't be fooled!)








Exhibit A.


















Exhibit B.

B is for BUSTED. "I'm just playing with this computer mom." Who knew that a 2 year old could be so devious? Yes, she really said that. But I have to give my girl credit, once she knew the jig was up, she picked them all up and put them back on the table. Well, after a few threats.








Who knew that you could play Jenga with building blocks? Who knew that the sound of said building blocks crashing to the floor OVER and OVER and OVER again would be enough to send several older patrons scurrying out of the dealership to wait outside?


















Too bad for them. Because now we can have the couch and watch TV. And hey, who knew that the Honda dealership gives out FREE popcorn? And soda and coffee too. Who knew?








Speaking of coffee - who knew that the Honda dealership serves STARBUCKS coffee? Now, I am not a big fan of Starbucks in general, it is too strong for my taste. I'm actually a big fan of Organic Mexican Roast from Trader Joe's. But free is free. And I'm thinking that if you happen to like Starbucks and need a place for the kids to play, the Honda dealership might just be the place for you. I am thinking that I may go there on our next free day and skip Chuck E. Cheese. You think they would notice if I sat there for 4 hours?











And our final Honda dealership post - who knew that this paper cup from Starbucks helped save more than 100,000 trees? That is what it says. I don't know if I am buying it.
I mean really? THIS cup? What about the cup under it in the stack, did that cup also save more than 100,000 trees? Because if so, that is a LOT of trees and those cups deserve a medal from the Arbor Society or something. Those are some special cups right there. Who knew?











Off to Target. Who knew that they make footie pajamas up to size 16 for boys? Well, OK, I knew that. The professor happens to like footie pajamas, and I am always hunting them down each year. But who knew that skulls make them look less dorky? Yeah, apparently, according to the tween in the house, buying the ones with skulls will ensure that the professor will not look silly in his footie pajamas. Second time I am saying this today - not sure I am buying it. But hey, who cares how you look at bedtime, as long as you are comfy, right?
I had another picture, the cutest Nick & Nora PJ's with owls on them, but something happened and the blog gods ate it. I still can't figure out how to put it back in here where I want it, so I will just tell you that you need to go and get some because they are the cutest pajamas EVER. I'll try to get a fashion show when the little diva wears them.

Oh, and P.S. The professor says that I am wrong, he does NOT like String Theory, he actually thinks it is WRONG. And the Drama Queen wants you all to know that she is NOT a superstar and NOT a sister. She is a girl. Pronounced "grull." Just thought you should know.








1 comment:

  1. Just ran across your blog. Looking forward to reading more about a fellow family with 4!

    ReplyDelete