Friday, January 25, 2013

365 / 23, 24 & 25 Snuggle/Cold/Hands

It is snowing!!  I love when it snows, everything looks fresh and bright and new.  And let's admit it, the pictures are just so much nicer.   Hoping for some fun weekend photos.


For day 23, the theme was "snuggle."  My girl was sick and I had to pick her up early from school.  Despite a 101 fever, she did not really slow down much.  You'd think a sick kid would do a lot of snuggling on the couch, but she was talking and playing a mile a minute until the very end of the day when she crashed on the couch.  So this is as snuggly as it got.  I guess it is a good thing that she has energy even when she is sick.  Right?  And when she crashes, she really crashes!  I'm getting sleepy just looking at her.:


For day 24, the theme was "cold."  Lots of options for this one.  My first thought was to check on the lake, since it has been below freezing for a few days.  Sure enough, there was a skin of ice on top.  Just enough for the ducks to walk on.  And when they saw me, they came running!


This guy (or girl?) practically crawled into my lap.  The rest of them surrounded me.  I had to go back into the house get some bread for them.   I felt so bad for them out there on the ice.  Quack.



Don't your feet get cold looking at this poor little guy?  And he has ice on his feathers!  Brrrrr.



Every now and then, one of them would slip on the ice as they came running.  I tried to catch it with my camera but I was never looking at the right duck at the right time.  You'll have to take my word for it.  Funny stuff.


A certain "sick" helper came out to see what was going on.  And she had to get in on feeding the ducks. 


She was a little afraid the duck was going to bite her.  I just thought it was neat the way this duck was getting up on his/her toes to beg for the bread.  Just like our dog.


I think I am going to have to name this black and white duck, and I'll admit I am wondering if they all have a warm place to hide away from the weather.  If you happen to see a new shed in my back yard, you'll know why.   Shhhh, don't tell animal control. 

Or the dog.
 

Then, today's theme was "hands."   Nothing too artsy, but here's my girl at Cracker Barrel.  This was not prompted by me, she always talks with her hands.  I don't even remember what she was saying here, but whatever it was, she was emphatic about it.


Tomorrow's theme is "passion" and then Sunday is "dislike."  I may just toss those ideas out because they are not inspiring me at all.  We shall see.  In the meantime, here are a few more "cold" shots.  Because it is January after all.


Scenic stop off Route 295 where Crosswicks Creek meets the Delaware River.  Yes, that's ice on the river!



1 comment:

  1. I love these! I know that spot...I am just up the road from it in Robbinsville. I hope your darling daughter is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete